- Guiding Principles
- Focus on value
- Start where you are
- Progress iteratively with feedback
- Collaborate and promote visibility
- Think and work holistically
- Keep it simple and practical
- Optimize and automate
Ensuring a shared understanding of the vision, current status, and improvement direction for all four dimensions and all products and services across the organization.
Ensuring continual improvement of products, services, and practices across all value chain activities and the four dimensions of service management.
Providing a good understanding of stakeholder needs, transparency, and continual engagement and good relationships with all stakeholders.
- Design and transition
Ensuring that products and services continually meet stakeholder expectations for quality, costs, and time to market.
Ensuring that service components are available when and where they are needed, and meet agreed specifications.
- Deliver and support
Ensuring that services are delivered and supported according to agreed specifications and stakeholders' expectations.
- Management Practices
- 14 general management practices
- 17 service management practices
- 3 technical management practices
- The four dimensions of service management
- Organizations and people
- Information and technology
- Partners and suppliers
- Value streams and processes
- What is the vision?
- Where are we now?
- What do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
- Take action
- Did we get there?
- How do we keep the momentum going?