You’ve probably noticed on Google a boxed section highlighting the businesses related to your search. You’ll also see a map with red pins locating each business, and some additional information such as hours, photos, reviews and more. Any business can go through the steps to register for a listing in this prime space, whether they have a web presence or not. Take advantage!
1. Go to https://business.google.com
2. Click the Start Now button.
3. Follow the instruction on the screen to register the name and address of your business.
4. At the end, it will ask for a contact name, to which Google will send the verification code.
5. The verification code will come in a physical postcard with instructions to proceed and finalize.
6. Login to set up your business information, and even respond to reviews you may already have. You can even move your location pin, if needed.
Here are some additional features:
You can share what’s new with your business, upload photos, give updates, highlight specials or seasonal goods. By adding these little snippets of information into your Google My Business portfolio, that content is eligible to show up in search results.
Now your customers can text message you when you set up the “chat” feature in Google My Business.
You can check important stats (insights) that show where your customers are searching from, what they’re clicking on, and what actions they took on your business listing (did they call, email, click, etc.?).
Since Google My Business is the new phone book, and it’s easily accessible on all devices, your business will be at an advantage when you take the time to get registered.